Genesys Discussion Forum

Go Back   Genesys Discussion Forum > Technical Discussions > Workforce Management (WFM)

Workforce Management (WFM) A comprehensive workforce performance management application

Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 PM

Adre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Workforce Management Organizational Chart

I need some assistance as to how should we set-up the Workforce Management Org. Chart. We have about 300 agents with 28 TLs but only 2 people in WfM who only do forecast. Can anybody share with me your org. chart or suggestion. For your infor we are going to use the WfM 7.6. but I felt we need to establish a proper team in this area & who do what, etc...
Old 08-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Power Poster

TomTritten is a Genesys HeroTomTritten is a Genesys HeroTomTritten is a Genesys Hero

Hi Adre,
Welcome to the WFM Forum.

There really isn't a formal, universal org chart that applies to Genesys WFM since there are so many ways that roles and responsibilities can be centralized or distributed throughout an organization.

However, given what you have told us, I would recommend two individuals that are deemed the "WFM Administrators". These people would be responsible for the overall definition and administration of the system and configuration. They should be formally trained on all functionality and aspects of the solution as well as how to troubleshoot configuration issues.
From there, I would begin delegating as much responsibility out to each of the TLs (Team Leads?) as possible. This would include things like generating their own reports, monitoring the real-time adherence of their agents, making small, intra-day schedule changes, such as the entry of sick days, after-the-fact adjustments to breaks and meals, etc...
I would also consider enabling your agents to interact with the system via the WFM Agent Web interface. This would allow the agents to view and work with elements of the WFM environment that are specific to them. These could include things like viewing their own schedules, entering schedule preferences, administering their own time off, and trading schedules with other agents. All of the Agent Web Functionality can be enabled or disabled as desired.

I hope this helps...
T: +1 704 350 5988
M: +1 704 340 1783
thomas.tritten_ii@genesyslab.com
Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 AM

Adre is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Thomas.

Yes the 2 WfM administrator have been trained on the functionality of the system. Will explore the best set-up possible.